Thursday, July 10, 2008

It’s possible for a candidate to be more out of touch, but I don’t see how

McCain Thinks the Recession is All in Our Heads - AlterNet

Sure, the economy's just fine. The problem is all those whiners: "Oh, boo hoo, I lost my job and they're foreclosing on my house." "Boo hoo, I can't afford my cancer medication." "Boo hoo, my kids are going hungry because my crappy post-NAFTA job doesn't pay enough to support one person, much less a family."

For the record, I am all for the enactment of legislation that makes it legal, one day a year, to punch conservative jackasses like Gramm, et.al., in the mouth. Actually, better make it a month--so many jackasses, so little time....

LATE ADDITION: Gaffe Alert! - Newsweek

Gramm Remark Adds to McCain's Difficulty Addressing the Economy - Washington Post

LATE LATE ADDITIONS: McCain Man Gramm to America: Stop Whining - The Nation

Phil Gramm Is Conservatism - Credo Action

No comments: